(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

POLAR BEAR 2023

When -                Sunday, January 1, 2023

Arrive:                    10:30 a.m.

Drivers' Meeting:  10:45 a.m.

Depart:                   11:00 a.m.

Where -              Weis Market Parking Lot, near the Weis Gas & Go, 1625                                                           PA-100, Fogelsville, PA  LOCATION 

Group Leaders -  David & Janice Sell (610-442-8054)

Louie & Corrina Draxler (484-788-3810)

Join the gang for our annual top-down celebration of the new year (according to Iva, this event was first done in January, 2005, so this is the 19th running of the Polar Bear Drive)!  This will be a clean-roads-only event.  We will meet in the Weis Market parking lot, near their Gas & Go facility, off PA Route 100 in Fogelsville, PA.  The route will take us along fun roads in Berks, Schuylkill and Lehigh Counties.  There will be a "comfort break" at about 1 hour into the drive and a second one after about another hour.  The total drive will take about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

We will end the drive at the Hometown Breakfast Bar & Grille (a.k.a. Hometown Diner), in Breinigsville.  Obviously, there will be no outdoor seating for lunch.  Also, a severe outbreak of COVID later this month could affect our decision.

Be sure to let us know if you will be staying for lunch!

To avoid common handling of materials, we will email the directions to participants, for home printing, and we will eliminate the usual paper sign-in sheet.  Since the sign-in confirms your agreement with LVMOC’s standard Waiver and Release, we will consider your post to this event thread, stating that you intend to participate, to be your “electronic” signature, indicating your agreement with said Waiver and Release (copy available on request).

We are limiting the number of cars on this drive to either 15 (one group of cars) or 30 (two groups), depending on the participant response.  We want to ensure a safe, enjoyable drive with minimal waits for regrouping, and we are giving participation priority to paid LVMOC members.  We will use FRS radios for communication.  Be sure to arrive at the departure point with a full gas tank and an empty bladder!

Attending:

1. David & Janice (Lunch x 2)
  2. Mike & Angela (No lunch)
  3. Matt G. (Lunch x 1)
  4. Randy & Wendy (No lunch)
  5. Michele K. & Dave P. (Lunch x 2)
  6. Jeff & Haley (No lunch)
  7. Mike C. (Lunch x 1)
  8. Ron L. & Nancy (No lunch)
  9. Alan & Zoombie (Lunch x 1)
  10. Louie & Corrina (Lunch x 2, maybe)
  11. Jordan W. (No lunch)
  12. Beth & Gary (Lunch ?????)
  13. Tony B. (No lunch)
  14. Jerry & Wanda (Lunch x 2)
  15. Fred & Marie (No lunch)
  16. Iva (Lunch x 1)
  17. John P. (Lunch x 1, weather permitting)
  18. Dawn & Tom (No lunch)
  19. Glen & Tracy (Lunch x 2)
  20. Brian W. (Lunch x 1)
  21. Igor & Ewa (Guests, now new LVMOC members!)

Waiting List (and List of Pessimists 😏):

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

CTt3MX5 reacted
dotachin10
(@dotachin10)

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for the weather. If the weather is not good I will excuse myself from the event 😥 

Nobu

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)
Love Mazda, Subaru & Toyota

It’s far out but the models are ALLLLLL over the place for this date. 

1) 60 and partly cloudy 

another:

2) 48 and showers

another:

3) 58 and get this…. A line of thunderstorms. 

If the LHV airport records a lightning strike on New Years Day it will be the first in recorded history. Just like Christmas Eve was the coldest one since 1906 in most areas. 

As usual I’ll be keeping an eye out and update as we get closer. 

Jordan F. White, M.S.
2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT 6MT AWD (NB summer 2024!)

ReplyQuote
HTOM
 HTOM
(@htom)

Please add Dawn and Tom.

Thanks

2020 Polymetal Gray Club ST

ReplyQuote
dotachin10
(@dotachin10)

Please take me off the list from this drive. I will definitely find time to join in 2023!

Nobu

ReplyQuote
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

@dotachin10 

Will do, Nobu... thanks for letting us know.  Sorry we won't have you with us to celebrate the New Year!

David

ReplyQuote
Shindel
(@shins)

Add Glen and Tracy to the list weather permitting.   Lunch x 2.

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

Looks like sunshine and a high of about 52 in the LHV area !

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
Kenjo
(@kenjo)

With lunch please. Thank you. 
looking forward to it. John 

2022 Miata GT

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

Latest forecast model run: solid chance of some steady rain the day and night before (Saturday 12/31) but it does appear with the latest runs it should outta here by the early morning, from west to east. Meaning some far eastern portions (NJ) may still seem some light precipitation. 

good news that besides this morning now, it shouldn’t get below freezing in the Lehigh Valley area at all until probably Monday morning and then we will have some 50s and 60s come in with rain during the week. 

****So for Sunday around 10-11AM, dry, partly sunny/partly cloudy to mostly sunny should be the go of it.

High temps in the Valley should hover around 50- although some of the areas could hit 54/55 but the angle of the sun is the weakest this time of year (which is a huge part of why the seasons change in temperate climates like ours) - so it may still feel colder (than it would in the sun) in March at 50 degrees. This is when I wish I had an RF!

BTW I am playing an acoustic show same day as our drive - at the Log Cabin Inn (Columbia, NJ) from 2-5PM so unfortunately I’ll have to cut it short no lunch for me unfortunately:(

I am thinking about just taking my equipment with me in the ND (it *barely* fits) so I don’t have to go all the way home and switch cars. 

This post was modified 1 year ago 6 times by StormND2Club

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

Also, I have NO idea how long it’s going to last but, but both Sheetz locations on MacArthur Road and Schoenersville Road have all grades of gasoline, 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane - at the same price. $3.68 a gallon. Since my ND2 is tuned in for 93 octane anyway, I figured it was a display glitch. Went to fill up. Nope! Not a glitch! I tested it and 2 gallons cost just about $7.36 ($3.68 x 2) ——- again I have no idea why this is going on at 3-4AM as i was returning from my show but I’m taking my Nissan out there to fill it up with 93 as well, right now, lol. I don’t know if I’ve ever put 93 in the hatch. But anyways. 
No idea how long it will last, if anyone wants to fill up for Sunday and also has a tune or prefers a higher octane. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by StormND2Club

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @stormnd2club

Also, I have NO idea how long it’s going to last but, but both Sheetz locations on MacArthur Road and Schoenersville Road have all grades of gasoline, 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane - at the same price. $3.68 a gallon. Since my ND2 is tuned in for 93 octane anyway, I figured it was a display glitch. Went to fill up. Nope! Not a glitch! I tested it and 2 gallons cost just about $7.36 ($3.68 x 2) ——- again I have no idea why this is going on at 3-4AM as i was returning from my show but I’m taking my Nissan out there to fill it up with 93 as well, right now, lol. I don’t know if I’ve ever put 93 in the hatch. But anyways. 
No idea how long it will last, if anyone wants to fill up for Sunday and also has a tune or prefers a higher octane. 

Same at Weis, on MacArthur Road.

StormND2Club reacted
ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

Posted by: @flying-dutchman

Posted by: @stormnd2club

Same at Weis, on MacArthur Road.

I thought it had to be a glitch. But it wasn’t. I wonder if it’s some New Years special thing like they do for some holidays, an experiment, or someone messed up. Either way both cars have full tanks of 93 and hopefully you guys can grab some too

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

At sheetz again. It’s still 3.68 for 93!

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
Wowak
(@wowak)

I'm feeling good about the weather,  if there's still room count Brian in. 

- Brian Wowak
1991 BRG SE #3716 of 4000 "Brigit"

StormND2Club reacted
ReplyQuote
(@whybu1)
LVMOC President

Are we doing 1 or 2 groups?  I can tail if needed for a second group.  

Mike & Angela
2021 Soul Red RF (with custom black top)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: