Clear all

Catawissa Leaf Rambler 10/15/2022

22 Posts
10 Users
12 Likes
Wowak
(@wowak)
Topic starter  

BRIAN'S FAMOUS (INFAMOUS?) EXCURSION THRU THE BEAUTIFUL NORTH-CENTRAL PA COUNTRYSIDE

When - Saturday, October 15th, 2022

Arrive: 9:00 a.m.

Drivers' Meeting: 9:30 a.m.

Depart: 9:45 a.m. 

Where - Meet at Sheetz, Sugarloaf Township

551 PA-93, Sugarloaf, PA 18249 

Event Leader: Brian Wowak

Join me for 124 miles of exquisite central Pennsylvania mountain and valley roads! The first segment departs from Sheetz and rolls through gentle farm land before circling around and climbing over Nescopeck Mountain, leading into a breezy run down the Scotch Valley before looping around the foot of the mountain at the other end to our rest stop at Loves Travel Stop in Mifflinville. 

From there we'll travel east along the Susquehanna river to Nescopeck where we'll turn south and head back into the hills before looping back to West where we'll cross a covered bridge over Catawissa Creek before settling back into the rolling farmlands along the Susquehanna river as we approach Danville. Time-permitting we may stop at a predetermined location for a group photo of our Miatas and drivers. Near Danville we'll stop for Lunch at the Cherokee Taphouse and Grille.  (To reserve a private room the venue requires we pay on one check,  so please bring cash,  preferably small bills so you can pay your exact amount with tip,  or plan to round up if you only have larger bills.) 

After lunch we'll head back into the rolling hills and valley roads east of Numedia, where we'll pass the Roaring Creek Friends Meeting House, a Quaker house of worship build of log construction in 1795-96. From there we'll continue southeast over the Little Mountain where we'll skirt the edges of Ringtown before heading north on Rt 339/Catawissa Creek Rd. We'll explore a few more country roads before ending back in Drums, at the Milkhouse Creamery, to enjoy their homemade ice cream! 

Total drive time is approximately 4 hours plus roughly 1 hour stop for brunch, so roughly 5 hours from start to ice cream. 

This event will follow the current Pennsylvania rules for COVID-19 safety. To avoid common handling of materials, we will email the directions to participants, for home printing, and we will eliminate the usual paper sign-in sheet. Since the sign-in confirms your agreement with LVMOC’s standard Waiver and Release, we will now consider your post to this event thread, indicating that you intend to participate, to be your “electronic” signature, indicating your agreement with said Waiver and Release (copy available on request).

We will use FRS radios for communications. Be sure to arrive by 9:00 a.m. with a full gas tank and an empty bladder.

Turn by turn instructions and a GPX file will be made available to anyone who attends.

1. Brian

2. Dawn & Tom

3. Ralph & Becky

4. Mike P.

5. Jerry B.

6. Joe & Tina

7. Alisunshine 

8. Jordan F.

This topic was modified 1 year ago 3 times by CTt3MX5

- Brian Wowak
1991 BRG SE #3716 of 4000 "Brigit"

Wowak
(@wowak)
Topic starter  

@zonker it was but your email wasn't in the members distribution list I was given.  Send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward it.

- Brian Wowak

ReplyQuote
Beepbeep
(@beepbeep)
Joe & Tina

Brian, not going to be able to make it. Unfortunately I do have to work tomorrow. Joe 

ReplyQuote
HTOM
 HTOM
(@htom)

A big thank you

to Brian for leading us on a great drive. It could not have been a better day!

2020 Polymetal Gray Club ST

Wowak and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 123)

Brian, perfect roads, perfect day. Thank you!

Wowak reacted
ReplyQuote
Wowak
(@wowak)
Topic starter  

Always happy to do it! 

- Brian Wowak

ReplyQuote
(@whybu1)
LVMOC President

What a great drive. Warmish weather, colorful leaves, uncrowded roads and ice cream.  

Mike & Angela
2021 Soul Red RF (with custom black top)

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)
Love Mazda, Subaru & Toyota

Posted by: @beepbeep

Add joe and Tina please 

Nice. I hope I can make this one / weather is good

Jordan F. White, M.S.
2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT 6MT AWD (NB summer 2024!)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: