(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

The nominees for Office in 2021 are:

President -           Louie Draxler

Vice-President -   Gail Harrison 

Secretary -            Jordan White

Treasurer -           David Sell

Governor -            Jeff Frost  (Jeff has withdrawn, kindly conceding to Ken)

Ken Hill

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Bergy

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'

Hi. I'm Louie Draxler.  I am seeking your vote for President.

I have been a member since January 2015. Since then, I have attended 90% of the Drives offered. I am an enthusiast of sportscars, and feel Miata is always the answer.  

I realize that running unopposed seems like your vote for me is unnecessary,  but I assure you, it is very important to me.  I would like to be able to count the votes, and feel that I have the support of the Club members. The Club members are the lifeblood. I have been actively working to improve the frequency of Rides, as well as adding in some Sundays for those who work. 

I care deeply about this Club, as it is full of great people and great cars.

2014 Club 2.5L "Punisher Edition", 2017 RF GT

Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

Being a life-long car enthusiast, I started reading Road & Track and Sports Cars Illustrated in the mid-1950s and added Hot Rod Magazine in the early 1960s.  I learned to drive in my dad’s 1959 Volvo PV-544 and practiced my early “heel-and-toe” downshifts around the back roads of upper Bucks County.  My various vehicles have included a 2-stroke Saab, a VW Kombi camper, a couple of Corvettes (sounded great, but not much fun to drive), a couple of Porsches (nope, no 911s) and a few motorcycles.  I competed in some autocrosses in the 1960s and spent a day in an F2000 with the Bertil Roos Driving School in the early 2000s.  In addition to driving, Janice and I enjoyed 35 years of cruising in our various boats, followed by about 7 years of traveling by RV.  We owned a 1993 NA Miata for 17 years before replacing it with a nice, silver 2011 NC PRHT (actually, this one is Janice’s, not mine.  My daily drive is a Ford SUV.  Oh, well…).

I’m pleased to have the opportunity to serve the Club as Treasurer for another year.

David Sell, aka Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

The following was contributed by Ken Hill, candidate for Governor:

Hello, Ken Hill here seeking your vote for Governor.  I have been a member of LVMOC since 2008.  My Miata was purchased from a former LVMOC owner, so my car has a longer membership in the club than I do.

I am a car nut in general, but have focused on Miatas since 1994.  My current 2002 Miata is my 3rd.  I started with a Mariner Blue 1990, and moved to a 1992 Sunburst Yellow in 2001.  In 2008 I bought my current Vivid Yellow Miata.  All have been extensively modified by myself.  I have tinkered with all my toys starting as a kid and continue to do so as an adult.

I enjoy driving my Miata with my son Evan and other like-minded people.  The organized club drives are an important part of my life.  I'm running for office to give back to the club that has given so much happiness to me and Evan.

Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

The following was contributed by Gail Harrison, candidate for Vice-President:

Hi Everyone!  In order to make that beautiful Miata of yours capable of hitting the road with LVMOC, you must first add fuel.  Just like our Miatas, the club needs “fuel”, people.  I’m running for Vice President because I want to give of my time in order to make sure the car club keeps finding all those great back roads for a long time to come.  My first sports car was a 1972 Fiat 850 Spider which my late husband Jim and I first spotted at the NY Auto Show.  We loved that car even though it had absolutely no padding and if you hit too many bumps, you’d end up with a black and blue tushy!  It wasn’t until 1996 that a Miata became a part of my life and it was the best car purchase I’ve ever made.  Now I’m on my third Miata and I truly enjoy every mile I travel in that car.  LVMOC isn’t just a “Miata” club, it’s friendship, bonding, good times, and ice cream with a fantastic bunch of people.  Gail Harrison

(@Anonymous 123)

SLATE UPDATE 

Jeff Frost has asked to have his name removed from the list of nominees for Governor.

Consequently, there is only one candidate for each position on the board. The process for the LVMOC election will be published soon. 

Tom Davies and Alison Schaefer,

Judges of Elections 

Share: