Honda had this in 1995...

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

We Miata-types think we have snazzy retractable hardtops, with our PRHT NCs and RF NDs.  But, check this interesting contraption that Honda featured in 1995, on its del Sol SiR TransTop 🤑 

CLICK

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

CTt3MX5
(@ctt3mx5)
' Moderator

Very cool Dave and thanks for sharing, I never saw that variation of the del Sol top before.  I think quarantine has gotten the better of you though, the del Sol was made by Honda. 😋 

2016 ST Ceramic Metallic GT aka Ghost

ReplyQuote
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'

I just saw that in an article earlier today.  I always liked the Del Sol

2014 Club 2.5L "Punisher Edition", 2017 RF GT

ReplyQuote
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'

Just watched the video.  I don't know how long the NC top takes, but it has to be faster than that. By a lot. My 13 seconds on my RF feels like forever when it pours. At least I can operate mine while driving up to 25 mph. I don't think the Del Sol let's you move.

Louie

2014 Club 2.5L "Punisher Edition", 2017 RF GT

ReplyQuote
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ctt3mx5

Very cool Dave and thanks for sharing, I never saw that variation of the del Sol top before.  I think quarantine has gotten the better of you though, the del Sol was made by Honda. 😋 

You're probably right about the quarantine getting to me, Jeff... I think the weight of my hair (longest since the '70s) is affecting my alleged brain 🙁 .

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

ReplyQuote
(@brians2798)

@flying-dutchman ironically.. my hair is longer then it’s been since 7th grade... lol 

ReplyQuote
CTt3MX5
(@ctt3mx5)
' Moderator

Posted by: @flying-dutchman
Posted by: @ctt3mx5

You're probably right about the quarantine getting to me, Jeff... I think the weight of my hair (longest since the '70s) is affecting my alleged brain 🙁 .

Can't wait to see those long flowing locks blowing in the wind!  🤣 

Guess I am lucky as I shave my head?

2016 ST Ceramic Metallic GT aka Ghost

ReplyQuote
Triviawayne
(@triviawayne)

Posted by: @livetodrive

Just watched the video.  I don't know how long the NC top takes, but it has to be faster than that. By a lot. My 13 seconds on my RF feels like forever when it pours. At least I can operate mine while driving up to 25 mph. I don't think the Del Sol let's you move.

Louie

The NC is also about 13 seconds. 

ReplyQuote
Share: