71 Posts
17 Users
54 Likes
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

THE 863 ADVENTURE DRIVE

When -                 Saturday, August 29, 2020 AND SUNDAY AUGUST 30!!! Due to possible inclimate weather on Saturday,  I will lead a drive both days! If you wake up Saturday and decide "not today" please sign up on this thread for Sunday (as signing up is also a waiver). You may want to do both days too!

Arrive at: 9:00 a.m.

Drivers' Meeting: 9:15 a.m.

Depart:  9:30 a.m. 

Where -                Key Bank, Macungie

201 West Main St. (PA Route 100)

Macungie, PA Location

Event Leader -  Louie Draxler

LVMOC V.P. Louie Draxler will lead a drive along the winding roads of Lehigh and Berks Counties, including our long-time favorite stretch of PA Route 863 (enough turns & hills to keep you smiling!)  The details are still in the planning stage, but Louie is hoping that we can end the drive by dining at the Alburtis Tavern's outdoor seating area.  The Tavern has indoor and outdoor seating right now. They are not taking reservations due to Covid-19, instead, it is first come, first served.  They believe we can be accommodated, just not seated together.  Please let Louie know if you wish to go to the Tavern!

This event will follow the current Pennsylvania rules for COVID-19 safety.  We will require that all participants maintain six-foot social distancing, and we will require masks to be worn when not in our cars (or stuffing our faces with ice cream).  To avoid common handling of materials, we will email the directions to participants, for home printing, and we will eliminate the usual paper sign-in sheet.  Since the sign-in confirms your agreement with LVMOC’s standard Waiver and Release, we will now consider your post to this event thread, indicating that you intend to participate, to be your “electronic” signature, indicating your agreement with said Waiver and Release (copy available on request).

We will use FRS radios for communications.  Be sure to arrive by 9:00 a.m. with a full gas tank and an empty bladder 😏.

Attending Saturday:

1. Louie & Corrina (Tavern x 2)
  2. Tony B. (Tavern x 1)
  3. Ed G. (Tavern)
  4. Gail & Bill (Tavern x 2)
  5. Michele (Tavern x 1)
  6. Bill D (No lunch)
  7. Jordan (Maybe)

Sunday: 

1. Louie and Corrina  (Tx2)

2. Tom D (No lunch) 

3. Mike C. (No lunch)

4. Gail and Bill (Lunch)

5. Bob and Ginny (NL)

6. Janice and David (Tx2)

7. Walter

8. Bill Dwyre

9. Skidplate

10. Glen (Tavern)

11. Jim and Melissa (T2)

Apologies for this terrible editing. Done on my phone.

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

Gene Sutton
(@skidplate)

Going to try and make it.

ReplyQuote
Shindel
(@shins)

Sign me up for the Sunday drive.    Thanks -Glen

ReplyQuote
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
' Moderator

@skidplate

I hope to see you there!

2014 Club 2.5L "Punisher Edition", 2017 RF GT

ReplyQuote
Jim Turner
(@jim-turner)

Sunday works for us!  (Tavern x2)

Jim & Melissa

'02 SE ti/br (retired)
'21 RF-GT 6MT mg/wh

ReplyQuote
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
' Moderator

@ctt3mx5

I wanted to be there before 9:00. I got there at 10:00. It was us and only one other car. There were two, but the other car left. I can't blame her, and I feel terrible. But, the roads were a mix of wet and dry. We had to put our tops up for about 15 minutes.  Light traffic. Smooth roads. Tail was on point.

Miata Life!

CTt3MX5 and CTt3MX5 reacted
ReplyQuote
Jim Turner
(@jim-turner)

Sorry all - we both have early, big days tomorrow so we’ve decided to hang out at home today, not an easy decision.  Have a great run!

Jim & Melissa

'02 SE ti/br (retired)
'21 RF-GT 6MT mg/wh

ReplyQuote
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

Nice drive, Louie & Corrina 👍!  Super roads (and all nicely paved, which is a rare treat in Eastern PA) and super weather (sorry about yesterday, though.  But, thanks for being a real, dedicated trooper and going out there yesterday, anyway!).

Thanks!!

David

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

Goober, livetodrive, Goober and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
rhetlaw
(@rhetlaw)

Corrina and Louie, GREAT drive today, fun roads, good travel, good pace, it even had a bit of a "Fall day" feel to it. This is one of those drives you need to lead every driving Season. Nice job tailing and keeping this herd together Tom.

Walter

Goober, livetodrive, Goober and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
rhetlaw
(@rhetlaw)

@jim-turner

Jim, so sorry you and Melissa were not able to join us today. Isn't it the pits when you know you have to make those "mature" decisions? I knew you both had signed up for the drive and was looking for you in the parking lot. There was even a WAWA nearby for Melissa to get her coffee. Next time . . . 

Walter

ReplyQuote
Bergy
(@bergy)

This was one of those runs you dream about. Thanks for the great pace, Louie (or it seemed so at the back of the rubber band!)

'01 BRG SE

ReplyQuote
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
' Moderator

@bergy

Thanks Tom. Just for that, I cordially invite you to my next run!

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: