(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

MEXICAN CUISINE & FREDDY HILL ICE CREAM DRIVE

When -                   Saturday, May 14, 2022

Arrive:                     9:30 a.m.

Drivers' Meeting:   9:45 a.m.

Depart:                   10:00 a.m. 

Where -                  Key Bank Parking Lot, Macungie, PA (across West End Trail

from Turkey Hill)

201 W Main Street

Macungie, PA Location

Event Leader -  Walter Cramer

Join Walter on another Miata Drive as he leads us back to a Mexican restaurant we visited last year - Tio Juan’s Margarita Mexican Restaurant, near Lansdale, PA.  Following lunch we will drive a very short distance to have our dessert Ice Cream at Freddy Hill Farms, which the Club has also visited a couple of times during recent years.  This entire drive is approximately 116 miles in length.

After driving forty-five miles of our beloved Miata roads in Lehigh, Berks and Montgomery Counties (approximately an hour and thirty-five minutes), we will stop at the Walmart Supercenter in Bechtelsville for our comfort break.

Our second leg of travel has us driving another forty-five miles of Miata roads and arriving at Tio Juan’s Margarita, in approximately an hour and forty minutes, for our 2:00 p.m. lunch reservation.  From the restaurant, we will head for Freddy Hill Farms for ICE CREAM!

PLEASE LET WALTER KNOW IF YOU WILL BE JOINING THE GROUP FOR LUNCH!

After our dessert Ice Cream, we will return, via Allentown Road, to Route 309 in Coopersburg, where the drive will end.

To avoid common handling of materials, we will email the directions to participants, for home printing, and we will eliminate the usual paper sign-in sheet.  Since the sign-in confirms your agreement with LVMOC’s standard Waiver and Release, we will now consider your post to this event thread, indicating that you intend to participate, to be your “electronic” signature, indicating your agreement with said Waiver and Release (copy available on request).

We will use FRS radios for communications.  Be sure to arrive by 9:30 a.m. with a full gas tank and an empty bladder 😏.

THIS is drive #7

Attending:

1. Walter & Nancy
  2. Mike P & either Angela or Steve (Lunch x 2)
  3. Bill M. & Daughter (Lunch x 2)
  4. Dawn & Tom (Lunch x 2)
  5. Ken & Evan (Lunch x 2)
  6. Michele (Lunch x 1)
  7. Brian (Lunch x 1)
  8. Annette & Jim      (Lunch ????)
  9. Randy & Wendy (Lunch x 2)
  10. Gary & Beth (Lunch x 2)
  11. Alan (Lunch x 1)
  12. Doug (Lunch x 1)
  13. Ron L. (Lunch x 1)
  14. John P. (Lunch x 1)
  15. Dan & Tami S. (Lunch x 2)
  16. Jordan, weather-dependent    (Lunch ????)

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)
Love Mazda, Subaru & Toyota

Put me in for a weather dependent if you can  - we have our SCCA event at Pocono this coming Tuesday, and just having added Front and rear 3 way adjustable sway bays from Flyin Miata, I could possibly use the driving to figure out an optimal settings on the bars.

Right now I have both front and rear bars in neutral (3 spots, both set in the middle). With a stiffer front and looser rear that usually induces more understeer, and oversteer with the opposite. I will have to check on the weather. 

Jordan F. White, M.S.
2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT 6MT AWD (NB summer 2024!)

ReplyQuote
(@whybu1)
LVMOC President

Thanks for a great drive.  

Mike & Angela
2021 Soul Red RF (with custom black top)

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

I couldn’t make it. Allergies are out of control and I am afraid people will think I have Covid. Eyes red and sneezing - ugh. Took Benadryl and was out. Hope all was well

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
Wowak
(@wowak)

My allergies were hitting by the end of the run.  I made the mistake of rubbing my left eye and pretty much had to drive home with just my right eye 😂

- Brian Wowak
1991 BRG SE #3716 of 4000 "Brigit"

ReplyQuote
rhetlaw
(@rhetlaw)
Member Moderator

@whybu1 

Thanks for the compliment, Mike. I had a fun time leading this group today. Once again HUGE compliments and thanks to my Middle relay team of Wendy and Randy Rohr and my Tail team of Ken and Evan Hill. You continue to feed my good information.

It sounded like everyone was enjoying the food and company at lunch. I can't remember when our group was as loud and joyful as this afternoon's lunch. I believe that says a lot for our camaraderie.

Looking for to my Steel Club Drive on June 5th with this group.

Walter

ReplyQuote
rhetlaw
(@rhetlaw)
Member Moderator

@ggotwals   @psu_blue

Gary so nice that Beth was able to join you for lunch today. It was a pleasure seeing her again.

And Dan and Tami, so happy you both were able to join us for lunch as well. I apologize for beginning without you. Today's route ran a bit faster than planned and I had no way of contacting you that we would be arriving early. If you don't mind, can you pm me your cell phone number. With your number, I will be able to keep in touch in future Drives.

Walter

ReplyQuote
rhetlaw
(@rhetlaw)
Member Moderator

@wowak   @stormnd2club

Ah-h-h man. I feel for both of you with your suffering from allergies. Brian, at the Steel Club Drive I will have to introduce to Joe Ahiff from Philipsburg, NJ. He has an allergy to freshly cut grass. It was either on a Drive last year or the previous year, early in the Springtime, and we past several freshly mowed lawns. Some of the grass laying in the roadways like today. Like you, by the end of the Drive, Joe's one eye was near closed. 

ReplyQuote
Wowak
(@wowak)

I know Joe,  he's been on several drives with me including my latest Rambler. 

- Brian Wowak
1991 BRG SE #3716 of 4000 "Brigit"

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

My right eye is partially closed. It won’t stop 

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
StormND2Club
(@stormnd2club)

Posted by: @wowak

My allergies were hitting by the end of the run.  I made the mistake of rubbing my left eye and pretty much had to drive home with just my right eye 😂

That’s what happened to me too this morning. I couldn’t stop rubbing it and now it looks like I have pink eye! Yikes. eye drops are a miracle. 

Jordan F. White, M.S.

ReplyQuote
(@michele)

Thanks Walter for another great drive!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: