10 Posts
4 Users
28 Likes
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'
Topic starter  

Presidential Ad #1

Hi everyone. My name is Louie Draxler, and I am campaigning for President.

Having served as VP , I have key insights as to how I would drive the Club into the future.

Most importantly, the Club exists for the sole purpose of promoting the Joy of Miata Life. To me, that means gathering with other owners as often as possible to socialize and drive. As such, I believe we need to offer as many of these opportunities as possible throughout the year. I am looking forward to having other officers who share my passion for the Club and a willingness to lead drives.

I also want to promote members leading drives, potentially with inexpensive Garmin GPS Drive units that allow a member to easily string together their favorite roads to share with the Club. Drives in the future will not only be more frequent, but of varying lengths and destinations. It is my belief that this will encourage more participation of our members.

Historically, our driving season, other than the Polar Bear Run, started in mid June and petered out after August. Under my leadership, the drive season will be year round. There are nice days all year long. I will have short drives in que during the off season, so that if the weather is going to be nice, I can pull the trigger on short notice.

I have already started promoting our Club on social media with success. Many people have joined the Club recently as a result. That work has just started.

I will utilize the officers of the Club to ensure more communication of future drives and other events.

I look forward to your vote, and being YOUR President.

2014 Club 2.5L "Punisher Edition", 2017 RF GT

Iva, DaveHartmann, Iva and 1 people reacted
rhetlaw
(@rhetlaw)
Member Moderator

Although I do not have a Campaign Ad to post, I would like to take this opportunity to applaud your energy and voice in promoting our Club, Louie. Social media is not my cup of bourbon - or is it tea? Either way, well done and I know you will keep it up.

On a similar note, I want to take this time and space to give well earned accolade to David Sell for his tenure as Treasurer in our Club. David has contributed many hours of devoted time and dedication in front of and behind the scenes to the continuing forwardness of this Club. He is an anchor and a rudder in LVMOC and I mean those word in the most positive sense. David was my avenue in posting the six drives I have led this season. Without David's assistance, I wouldn't have known where to turn. Thank you, David.

Walter

DaveHartmann, livetodrive, DaveHartmann and 1 people reacted
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'
Topic starter  

Presidental Ad #2

Hi. Over the years, we have done a Rally once a year with our friends in PhillyMini. As President, I will increase the number of Rallies with PhillyMini to two, and will host at least one Rally with our friends in Lehigh Valley Mini. 

I also will reach put to other Miata Clubs in the area and encourage at least one run with each this summer. We will either host several of their members, have them host several of ours, or both. 

As President, I will be actively courting our NE cousin,  the Spider 124 to join our group. The look of the Miata has changed over the years, from the Lotus look alike, to the curvaceous exotic looks of the RF. The NE is a Miata with Italian clothes. There are no bad Miatas...

As President, I will have the occasional pre-run posted on Facebook. These will be unofficial drives that will allow Club members to bring their non-Miatas. There are 86s, SLKs, RX-8,  and RX-7s itching to get out of the garage and go on some great roads, with great people. 

Remember to vote when the polls open!

I am Louie Draxler, and I approved this message.

livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'
Topic starter  

Presidential Ad #3

Feeling sad? Bored? Feeling like you need to go somewhere, do something? Not sure if you need something from the store? 

Well... it sounds like you need to go away in your Miata! If you vote for Louie Draxler for President, there will be many more drives than we averaged over the last five years.

Studies show: Driving your Miata at a brisk pace will outrun sadness and boredom! Those items at the store can be easily purchased after driving with the Club. Eventually, your car will head home, taking you with it, like horses have been taking Amish home for centuries.

A vote for me is a vote against boredom and sadness. It is a vote for sunny skies and Simpson Episode looking clouds.

I am Louie Draxler. And I approve of happiness.

Iva, DaveHartmann, Iva and 1 people reacted
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin

@rhetlaw

Thank you, Walter.  Just doing my job, and whatever else needs doing 😑.

Upon seeing Louie's campaign ads, I almost feel that I should be posting some, also.  But, I can't top all that he's offering.  I'll just give him my support...

Yr Fthfl Trsr

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

DaveHartmann, livetodrive, DaveHartmann and 1 people reacted
livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'
Topic starter  

Presidential Ad #4

Hi. I'm Louie Draxler. I am running for President. As President, I look forward to utilizing the talent of my officers, which includes the Secretary, to lead more drives than ever before. Gail, who is running for VP, has already shown a willingness, and enthusiasm for both weekday drives, and more distant ones.

All three running for Governor have expressed interest in either leading, or creating drives. I plan on promoting that as much as possible. 

A vote for me, is a vote for a full slate of drives! Fridays are going to be on the table!

livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'
Topic starter  

Presidental Ad #5

Hi. I'm Louie Draxler. I'm running for President. I believe that I deserve your vote for many reasons. But, I will not enumerate all of them here. I would rather you met me in person. On a Run. With your Miata. Because you really can't know someone unless you also meet his/her car.

So sign up for a Run. Let our cars mingle while we get to know one another. Then please vote for me.

I am Louie Draxler. And I approve of Miatas mingling.

Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin

When can we expect to see the campaign signs begin to appear on our neighborhood lawns, Louie? 

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

CTt3MX5
(@ctt3mx5)
' Moderator

Louie, you can place a sign by the spider or in the graveyard. 🤣 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oBanSTBUxR5McCop8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xvd4MaZQNUvigphG8

2016 ST Ceramic Metallic GT aka Ghost

livetodrive
(@livetodrive)
'
Topic starter  

@flying-dutchman

I mailed them! I bet they are sitting in a post office in Scranton. Darn post office...

StormND2Club, CTt3MX5, Iva and 3 people reacted
Share: