1 Users
0 Likes
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin
Topic starter  

Following are personal profiles that our nominees for 2023 have submitted:

Louie Draxler - Candidate for LVMOC President:

Hello fellow LVMOC Members.  Many of you know me over the years, as Corrina and I try to attend every Run offered throughout the year.  However, we have lots of new members, so, maybe you don't know me from Adam.  Which is weird, since I don't think there are any members named Adam...

My name is Louie.  I have been Vice President, and currently serve as President, of your Club.  I am extremely enthusiastic about my Miatas, the Club, and the members. I have not met a single member or guest that I didn't feel an instant connection with.  Yes I am talking about you...

I had promised to add more drives.  Sunday drives were very far and few between before my tenure, and I rectified that.  We also had more weekday drives, and even two Friday night drives. 

We had breakfast at an airfield, and I even took a free ride in a plane.  Hopefully next year, others will join me. 

We had our annual M&M Rally with PhillyMini, but I added two Rallies with Lehigh Valley Mini.  This year we will join LVMini on a Christmas Lights Tour that will be much better than my feeble attempt last year.

I feel that I have delivered, as promised, for the Club. So please re-elect me.  But more importantly, I want to thank every single member who supports this Club through paying their dues.  It does cost money to maintain our Club, and without you, we couldn't exist.  So thank you.

Neil D'Andria - Candidate for LVMOC Vice-President:

Hello fellow LVMOC Members. 

I'm Neil D'Andria.  When I was 18 my Dad had given me my first car, a 1967 Ford Mustang.  Since then, I have always enjoyed working on cars, eventually attending Somerset County Community college, and receiving an Associate’s degree in Automotive Technology.

In April of 2021 I had decided to look for a 2 seater roadster.  After searching many different types I found my emotional support toy, a 2007 Miata out of Queens NY.  I had it delivered on a flatbed to my home in Bethlehem where I started working on it inside and out to make it my own. 

I found many groups on line but only one actually did more then just talk.  I was excited to find LVMOC.NET, a fun group of people who gather together to enjoy the curvy open roads on a regular basis.  The Miata community Is made up of special people and at our age it is nice to have a way to make friends and enjoy our cars at the same time.  

I have been allowed to post all the events our club has on Facebook to allow more people to see our numerous activities.

I am truly honored to have been nominated and want to continue the energy of this group moving foward.  My soon to be wife and I enjoy being a part of something that creates great relationships based on our common interest in our beloved Miatas.

Jeff Frost - Candidate for LVMOC Secretary:

My name is Jeff Frost and I have had an appreciation for cars since I was young.  In the 80’s, I would browse through car magazines and daydream about one day owning one of those glorious machines I saw posted on the pages.  I was enamored with the high HP exotics offered by German and Italian car makers, I am looking at you 911, Testarossa and Countach among others.  In the 90’s, early 00’s it was the Audi Avants, BMW M5 and MB family haulers that I dreamed of.  After all, it wasn’t practical to put two car seats in a 911.  Believe it or not the Miata was not on any of my lists at this time.

Then in 2006, I purchased my first Mazda, a 2002 Protege5.  Prior to this, all my daily drivers were a practical second car for the family, basic transportation from point A to point B that did nothing to excite the driving experience.  This was the first car that I looked for any excuse to go run an errand or simply take a drive.  I joined multiple Mazda forums where I learned to do my own maintenance and may have done a few modifications.

These forums are where I truly discovered the Miata.  Of course, I had read about them in past years but didn’t appreciate them for what they were.  As a few forum friends transitioned from the P5 to a Miata, I started to get real firsthand descriptions of what the car was like, and the hook was set.  In March of 2014, I brought my first Miata home, an NB, since then I have owned and NC and now an ND.  They have all been wonderful in their own way and I am fortunate that I have been able to ‘sample’ three generations of Miatae.

I found LVMOC back in 2014 and jumped at joining so I could meet other Miata enthusiasts and learn even more about them.  It is a great club, and this is thanks to the great members that make-it-so.  I am running for office as I’d like to give back to the club that has given me many fond memories and friendships in such a short amount of time.

David Sell - Candidate for LVMOC Treasurer:

Being a life-long car enthusiast, I started reading Road & Track and Sports Cars Illustrated in the mid-1950s and added Hot Rod Magazine in the early 1960s.  I learned to drive in my dad’s 1959 Volvo PV-544 and practiced my early “heel-and-toe” downshifts around the back roads of upper Bucks County.  My various vehicles have included a 2-stroke Saab, a VW Kombi camper, a couple of Corvettes (sounded great, but not much fun to drive), a couple of Porsches (nope, no 911s) and a few motorcycles.  I competed in some autocrosses in the 1960s and spent a day in an F2000 with the Bertil Roos Driving School in the early 2000s.  In addition to driving, Janice and I enjoyed 35 years of cruising in our various boats, followed by about 7 years of traveling by RV.  We owned a 1993 NA Miata for 17 years before replacing it with a nice, silver 2011 NC PRHT (actually, this one is Janice’s, not mine.  My daily drive is an SUV.  Oh, well…).

I’m pleased to have the opportunity to serve the Club as Treasurer for another year.

Ken Hill - Candidate for LVMOC Governor:

Hello, Ken Hill here seeking your vote for Governor.  I have been a member of LVMOC since 2008.  My Miata was purchased from a former LVMOC owner, so my car has a longer membership in the club than I do.

I am a car nut in general, but have focused on Miatas since 1994.  My current 2002 Miata is my 3rd.  I started with a Mariner Blue 1990, and moved to a 1992 Sunburst Yellow in 2001.  In 2008 I bought my current Vivid Yellow Miata.  All have been extensively modified by myself.  I have tinkered with all my toys starting as a kid and continue to do so as an adult.

I enjoy driving my Miata with my son Evan and other like-minded people.  The organized club drives are an important part of my life.  I'm running for office to give back to the club that has given so much happiness to me and Evan.

Annette Roseman - Candidate for LVMOC Governor:

Hello everyone,

My name is Annette Roseman and I am running for Governor for Lehigh Valley Miata Club.  I joined the LVMOC IN 2020 after buying my first Miata in 2019, which has been my dream car for 36 years.  My husband, Jim, and I love getting out and seeing everyone that rides together.  It is a great feeling being around this new group of friends, which I consider to be a "Family".  I am so grateful to be a part of this club and all it has to offer. In the future, I hope that I can help grow LVMOC so more people can enjoy our family and rides as much as I do.

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

Share: