Clear all

New Site 2019! We want your feedback!

20 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@upachlwowg)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Please let us know any issues or suggestions here. The original site was running an early version of glfusion, which unfortunately had issues and did not keep up with the times. The new site now runs on Wordpress and should be more stable and scaleable with time.

Mike C
(@mike-c)

Posted by: @zonker

A wise friend constantly told me "Pictures or it didn't happen". 

His  legacy was a website filled with a detailed visual history of LVMOC.  I'm sad that both the website, and more to the point, the pictures are gone.  Have the pictures been archived? Will they be restored to the new website?

Two good questions from Zonker!

Here's another: Is there a place to post new event photos on the website?

2017 RF Club, 6MT, Arctic White

ReplyQuote
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin

Posted by: @mike-c

Is there a membership application/renewal form on the new website?

Not as of now, Mike.  We'll look into getting something set up in the future.

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

ReplyQuote
(@upachlwowg)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@mike-c

Best bet is to put the photos up on dropbox or other gallery and link via the forum, they can then be easily added to a gallery by the mods.

ReplyQuote
(@upachlwowg)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

His  legacy was a website filled with a detailed visual history of LVMOC.  I'm sad that both the website, and more to the point, the pictures are gone.  Have the pictures been archived? Will they be restored to the new website?

Wow!!!  This stinks compared to the old site...   

I can't believe we've lost all that club history.   

The old site was lean and mean, but there were issues that are too big to fix IMO. Really a shame, but you have to keep in mind that it was not something we have any control over. I'm just a third party who had nothing to do with the old site and trying to help the club out 😀

With that said, I was able to find where the pictures were stored on the old server, and they still exist but are not organized, so with time they can all be sorted by those who have time.

If the upgrade was planned I'm sure with enough money a dedicated database guy could convert the old database into something portable, but that's a pretty huge endeavor best left for those with much larger budgets. The new site is built on wordpress so it is much more portable and will be supported for much longer than glfusion that the old site was built on.

ReplyQuote
Flying Dutchman
(@flying-dutchman)
LVMOC Treasurer Admin

Posted by: @upachlwowg

Wow!!!  This stinks compared to the old site...   

I can't believe we've lost all that club history.   

The old site was lean and mean, but there were issues that are too big to fix IMO. Really a shame, but you have to keep in mind that it was not something we have any control over. I'm just a third party who had nothing to do with the old site and trying to help the club out 😀

With that said, I was able to find where the pictures were stored on the old server, and they still exist but are not organized, so with time they can all be sorted by those who have time.

If the upgrade was planned I'm sure with enough money a dedicated database guy could convert the old database into something portable, but that's a pretty huge endeavor best left for those with much larger budgets. The new site is built on wordpress so it is much more portable and will be supported for much longer than glfusion that the old site was built on.

There's a good project for you, Ralph 👍  Would you be willing to help the Club get some, or all, of the photos back?

Dave

Silver 2011 NC PRHT Grand Touring (actually Janice's car)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: