Looking for a new vinyl top for my 2006 Miata

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Alan Alan Alan
(@alan-alan-alan)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a shop somewhere within a reasonable distance from Flemington, NJ to replace ZOOM B's top.  Go Miata has a sale on Robbins tops and after 14 years ZOOM B needs it.  The only guy I found so far has retired, and Crystal Mazda offered me a quote of $6,000.  (What a deal!)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

- Alan Alan Alan

ZOOMBIE - just keeps on truckin'

(@slilley)

I've also got a 2006, and while it doesn't yet need a new top, I've been saving every name that people mentioned for top replacement for just this occasion.  Here's my notes, in no particular order:

Top replacement: seems "The Auto Top Shop" in Feasterville (near Willow Grove) is the place to go

Williams Custom Tops & Interiors. Langhorne, PA. Ask for Greg. Two readers with BMW DelVal recommended him. (sells Robbins Tops for Miata)

Accurate Auto Tops and Upholstery in Edgemont, PA (near Newtown Square) advertises in the Delval Miata Club newsletter (sells Robbins Tops for Miata)

Auto Tops Inc a manufacturer of convertible tops in Bristol, PA – not sure if they also install?

If you're in need of a top, please give me a call (Jeremy, 609-six 7 eight -5862).  I've performed over 100 top installs on similar 2 seat sports cars, S2000. I am looking into the Miata as a natural evolution of the cars I will perform this service on.

Let us know who you end up using, how much it costed, and how the new top worked out!

Regards,
Steve

ReplyQuote
rhetlaw
(@rhetlaw)
Member Moderator

Alan, a dear friend of mine owns a 1991 BRG and was in need of a top replacement last year. He used Sabatini Coachworks, 18 Easton Road, Nazareth, PA, (610) 759-7575, sabatinicoachworks.com . He was extremely pleased with their work.

I personally have used Sabatini Coachworks for some leather work on my Van seat. I can vouch for their craftsmanship. Also, after Detail Day last April, a group of us drove up to the Blue Mountain Diner for lunch and ice cream. As we pulled into the parking lot it began to drizzle. As I finished zipping in my window, the zipper tongue came off in my hand. No one in our group knew what to do. That week I took my Miata to Sabatini's and they repaired my window zipper for NO COST. Great firm to do business with.

Walter

ReplyQuote
Alan Alan Alan
(@alan-alan-alan)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies.

I had used Sabatini’s in 2008 on ZOOMBIE after someone cut the top, but I was hoping for someone closer to Flemington.  The local guy who was recommended has retired, and he told me he wouldn’t recommend anyone near me, so I’m biting the bullet and driving to Sabatini’s in Nazareth.  

I bought the Robbins top and rain rail from Go Miata and had it shipped directly to the shop.  Frank Sabatini quoted me $700 and 1 day for the install.  Overall cost is $1700, a lot less than Crystal Mazda’s $6000.

Thanks again for the guidance. The guidance.

ReplyQuote
Alan Alan Alan
(@alan-alan-alan)
Topic starter  

@rhetlaw

Thanks, Walter.  Glad to know Frank is customer-centric.

ReplyQuote
Alan Alan Alan
(@alan-alan-alan)
Topic starter  

@slilley

Thanks for the references.  I did opt for Sabatini as I did have a good experience with them before.  I don't like the long drive (I used to live in Bethlehem, but Flemington adds an hour to the drive), but I don't have confidence in any of the local talent here in NJ.  

I would take you up on the offer to let you do it, but I feel obligated to give repeat business to I guy who did a great job for me the last time.

Thanks for your information and offer.

- Alan Alan Alan

ReplyQuote
(@slilley)

@alan-alan-alan

Glad it all worked out!  I'm going to add Sabatini to my list of potential companies to use.  Please note, I was never offering to install your top - that's just a cut-and-paste for another installer I saw advertising his services on one of the local Miata boards.

Regards,
Steve

ReplyQuote
Share: